RSS

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

First Christmas

The Harris Family (that's us) had a quiet first Christmas. Breck claimed two things: 1) I would poop my pants when I opened my gift 2) He would wake me up at eight and we would open presents. Well, he was pretty close-ish on both accounts.

I woke up earlier than I ever have on Christmas (6:30 am) and proceeded to excitedly nudge Breck into consciousness. "Eeeee... It's Christmas morning...eeeee," was the first thing that escaped me as we jumped out of bed.

This was what we saw upon entering our living room. This is our modest little 3-footer... yay, cuteness!

I can't believe that I actually ripped through the paper on the presents! It was invigorating to show no remorse for shredding the paper to bits! Mwa ha ha! Oh, and I pretty much pooped my pants when I opened my new WII FIT!!! Yay! They were so hard to get before Christmas, but Breck found one for me. I gave Breck computer stuff and headphones and we were both very excited.




This Christmas was vastly different than any other I have ever had, but it was amazing. I realized that Christmas isn't about presents, or even about the seemingly important family traditions. The true meaning of Christmas is love. This is the time of year that we celebrate the Savior's birth and the love that he has for all of us.

I love this time of year and it was the most wonderful thing to spend Christmas with my new family, Breck. The first Harris Christmas was the best ever!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Wow, so jealous. I want a Wii fit so bad. If we still lived in Rexburg, I'd have to come borrow yours! (maybe it's a good thing we don't.)

Anonymous said...

Your blog: "...my new WII FIT!!!"
Me: *super gasp!* :D

Glad to hear your Christmas was so good!

Post a Comment